The first thing you need to know is:
Success is a result not an end in itself.
Five organizational strategies:
- Always create more harmony than discord.
- Build up more than you tear down, much more.
- Long-term views build stability.
- Short-term views produce quick results.
- Make life easier for those over you.
Three relationship strategies:
- Friends represent who you will become.
- Show respect.
- Always act with kindness, especially when being tough.
Two personal development strategies:
- Identify wise leaders and seek their counsel, often.
- Read. If you don’t read, listen to books.
Five communication strategies:
- Never pretend you know when you don’t.
- Always speak clearly, directly, and honestly.
- Talk less; listen more.
- Stay in the moment in public.
- Focus on and enjoy others.
Bonus: Define success.
What top strategies for leadership success can you add?