I’m surprised at how much I want others to change and how much I resist it in myself. Change is exciting when it’s about others.
Growth is change. No change; no growth. Life without change is death.
Everything that lives changes.
13 Things That Are Changing My Life and Leadership
- Embracing inner dissatisfaction with myself, rather than hiding from it. Others aren’t what’s wrong with life.
- Accepting people for who they are, rather than judging them for who I want them to be.
- Spending one or two hours everyday for four and a half years reflecting and writing.
- Celebrating my positive impact. People go further with me on their team. I help people take fulfilling next steps in their career, service, and personal lives. I love that about myself.
- Getting in over my head.
- Conversations with leaders and authors.
- Learning what I don’t like and want to avoid.
- Having the courage to focus on what matters and say no to lesser things. (I need lots of growth in this area.)
- Believing that I make a difference by simply fulfilling my purpose. Don’t worry about changing the world. Make a difference where you are.
- Learning from failure, rather than repeating it, at least once in a while.
- Learning from people and situations that irritate me. Sometimes, the bigger the irritation, the more important the lesson.
- Coaching my wife.
I prefer the term “changing” to changed. One reflects an on going process. The other reflects the illusion of finality.
What is changing your life and/or leadership?